Proudly on behalf of Naz and Matt Foundation, Matt today collected the “Ten Outstanding Young Persons (TOYP)” award from Junior Chambers International (JCI), a worldwide non-profit organisation that is committed to making positive and lasting change in society.
With its 200,000 members, in 100 countries from all walks of life, JCI’s goal is to create global change and improve local communities. Their active citizens are individuals invested in the future of the world.
Established over 100 years ago by Henry Giessenbier Jr., each year ten individuals are selected by JCI from each country for their positive impact on society and commitment to driving social change.
Since 1983, JCI has honoured nearly 300 individuals from 57 nations. Past recipients of national awards include such well-known personalities as John F. Kennedy, Henry Kissinger, Elvis Presley, Jackie Chan, Wayne Gretzky and many more, all named before the age of 40 and before they had achieved national prominence.
The award was proudly collected by Matt at JCI UK’s Annual Conference in Manchester, and was joined by the other winners of this year’s TOYP award, nominated from across the following categories:
- Business, economic, and/or entrepreneurial accomplishment
- Political, legal, and/or governmental affairs
- Academic leadership and/or accomplishment
- Cultural achievement
- Moral and/or environmental leadership
- Contribution to children, world peace, and/or human rights
- Humanitarian and/or voluntary leadership
- Scientific and/or technological development
- Personal improvement and/or accomplishment
- Medical innovation
We hope that by receiving this award it will continue to help raise visibility of the important issues that we campaign for.
Leave a Comment