Naz and Matt Foundation is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Naz and Matt Foundation may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy was last updated on 25th July 2020.
What we collect
We may collect the following information to help us deliver our services to you:
- your name
- contact information including, but not limited to, email address and phone number
- demographic information, preferences or interests
- your usage, behaviour and interactions with our website and other digital services
- usage data that allows us to provide targeting information about our services through platforms such as Twitter, Facebook or Instagram Ads.
- personal information and payment details (if you are ordering items from our website)
- with your permission, confidential information that you provide to request our engagement and for us to respond
- other information to enable us to provide support, mentoring, talks or other services to you
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with the relevant information or requested service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- Safe guarding, mentoring and support.
- To fulfil items ordered from our website.
- To contact you and send you updates about our work.
- We may use the information to deliver or improve our products, services and information delivery.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about our campaigns, initiatives, or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided and given us permission to contact.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or any other method where you have given us permission to do so. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Sending you email
We will only send emails to addresses where you have explicitly given us permission to contact you, and only for reasons that are absolutely necessary. Example types of emails that we may send you are
- Email newsletters and period updates about our work
If you signed up to our email newsletter, at the time of you signed up you were explicitly asked for permission for us to contact you by providing your email address, and optionally your name, specifically for this purpose.
- From 29th September 2014 Tinyletter was used as our email provider to collect your email address with explicit permission for contacting you for this purpose. Tinyletter enforces a double-opt in process, consisting of (1) Signup Form, CAPTCHA, and (2) Opt-In Confirmation Email.
- On 16th December 2017 we migrated our email provider to Mailchimp (the parent company of Tinyletter) for the purposes of using their email platform to send you these emails. From this date onwards, for new signups, we asked for explicit consent from you before displaying the email address input box, using text variants including as “Enter your email address to receive occasional updates about our work to stop religious and cultural homophobia”, or “Please leave your email address below to receive occasional announcements and updates from Naz and Matt Foundation”. By entering your email address specifically for this purpose, permission was granted by you for us to contact you.
- From 18th May 2018 our Mailchimp email newsletter sign up process was updated to include new GDPR functionality provided by our email provider. This added a new GDPR compliant checkbox to the process.
- From 20th May 2018 all new email newsletter signups went through Mailchimp’s GDPR functionality.
- You can change your mind at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the footer of any email you receive from us via Mailchimp, or by contacting us at [email protected]. We will treat your information with respect.
- Volunteer updates
By completing our volunteer application form you explicitly requested Naz and Matt Foundation to contact you about this.
- Support, mentoring or related services
By contacting us for this purpose you granted us permission to engage with you on this basis.
- Schools talks or other related services
By completing our application form you explicitly requested Naz and Matt Foundation to contact you about this.
- Registering for an event
At the time of registration you provided your email address for the purpose of us contacting you about the event, and your registration.
- Purchasing a product or engaging with another service
By doing so you granted us permission to contact you about this.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We may use traffic log cookies, or cookies generated by web analytic tools (such as Google Analytics) to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of our website or services.
Your web browser gives fully control over which cookies you would like to accept.
In general, cookies are used to retain user preferences, store information for things like shopping baskets, and provide anonymised tracking data to third party applications such as Google Analytics, Twitter Ads, Facebook Ads or Instagram Ads. As a rule, cookies will make your browsing experience better. However, you may prefer to disable cookies on this site and on others. The most effective way to do this is to disable cookies in your browser. This will allow you to fully opt out. We suggest consulting the Help section of your browser or taking a look at the About Cookies website which offers guidance for all modern browsers.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, inform us of any restrictions to the data that you are submitting
and do not send us information that you do not wish to share with us.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at [email protected]
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please contact us.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to, or email us as soon as possible using the information on our contact us page. We will aim to correct information found to be incorrect once you have confirmed your identity and your relationship to this information.